Health and Safety in the Retail Workplace (Dublin 21st Nov)
Trainer: Safety Solutions
Max Places: 15
Health and Safety in the workplace has now become a part of every day life and we would like to go above the basis practices and give a comprehensive overview on all things health and safety for your business. The course outlines all legislation and gives you an understanding of how you can implement this in your business in an low cost & effective way.
To Provide Attendees with:
• an understanding of the structure and requirements under the applicable safety legislation and the available sources of information available.
• knowledge of safety documentation including safety statement, risk assessments, procedures and policies.
• the ability to identify various retail workplace hazards and carryout risk assessments.
• Knowledge of emergency procedures.
• an understanding of the legal requirements associated with manual handling.
• knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, body mechanics and injury.
• an understanding of manual handling techniques and basic ergonomic principles.
• the ability to identify manual handling hazards and carryout a manual handling risk assessment.
• an understanding of the principles of lifting.
• the knowledge and skills to carryout manual handling safety.
• an understanding of the legal requirements associated with fire safety.
• the skills to carry out effective evacuation sweeps of a retail environment.
• the ability to identify fire safety hazards in retail workplaces and be able to apply suitable control measures.
• the ability to complete applicable fire safety checks in a retail workplace.